This article will discuss six popular betting strategies you can use when playing at an online casino. These tried-and-true systems were developed initially for offline betting. These systems can also be used online, regardless of their game or betting structure.
Before you start: Most of these systems require that you decide ahead of time what your betting unit will look like (e.g., the minimum allowed bet at the casino or game).
1-3-2-6 Betting System
This is known as a Positive Progression system. It means that your winnings will increase. This online casino betting system’s foundation is that players can win any game up to 4 times before losing.
Here’s how it works:
- You can bet 1 unit per round of betting until you win the round.
- Place 3 units of your winnings on the next round (second).
- You can win the second round by placing 2 units on your next round (the third).
- You can win the third round by placing a bet of 6 units on your next round (the fourth).
- Now, regardless of what happens (win, lose), you will return to the beginning, betting 1 unit each round until your win one.
Simple is the risk-reward equation with the 1-2-3-3 betting system. After 4 rounds of play, you can win up to 6 times your original wager while only risking 2 units.
The worst scenario for the 1-2-3 betting system is losing 6 consecutive rounds. It doesn’t matter. You can win 4 consecutive games.
The Martingale System
This is a Negative Progress system. It means that your losses will increase.
This online casino betting system’s foundation is the idea that a player can lose infinitely without ever winning a single round. The Martingale system was created to help you offset all your losses by winning one single round.
This system works best when an online casino game pays out a 1:1 payout ratio for each bet. Here’s how it works.
- Place your first bet with whatever amount you have decided to place;
- Bet the same amount if you win. If you lose, you can bet twice the amount.
- You can double your stake if you lose again
You need to have a large bankroll to use the Martingale system. Also, you must be able to increase your bets when your losses get worse. Therefore, this online casino betting system is not for everyone.
You may lose enough to reach the betting limit of an online casino and not be allowed to increase your bet or win back your losses.
The D’Alenbert system
Another Negative Progression system. This is also an Insurance System because it increases the number of your winnings. This is how it works:
- You can raise your stakes every time you lose.
- Every time you win, your stakes are reduced by one unit
To be successful, this system requires a sufficient online casino bankroll.
You can add the insurance system to your negative progression system, and you will be able to hedge your growing losses while still making some profit every time you win.
The Labouchere Betting System (a.k.a. The Cancellation System
This system, also known as Negative Progression, is a bit more complex than the ones listed. You’ll find a sequence of numbers depending on how the online casino game is played. It can be any length that you like, but not necessarily in sequential order.
Each number in your sequence represents a multiple of your predetermined bet unit (7 is 7x; 5 is 5x etc.). This is how it works:
- The sum of your first and last numbers should be your first bet
If you win, subtract the two numbers that you have just added (the outermost in your sequence) from the total and place the bet on the sum of the two next.
- Cross out the outer numbers if you win again and then repeat the process.
- You can continue to win until there are no more numbers in the sequence you want to add together. Then you simply go back to the beginning and start over with the original series.
- If you lose, you add the sum you just used to the end of your sequence and create a new one.
- You can cross out any numbers (because you didn’t win yet) and add the first sequence number to that number. Then, use the sum to calculate your multiple.
This complicated betting strategy is supposed to have the advantage of always starting again with the same sequence and still making a profit. However, you could lose a lot of money before you win.
The success of the Labouchere System is dependent on the selection of the right sequence.
The Paroli System (a.k.a. The Anti-Martingale System
Another Positive Progression system. Paroli is not just a method to choose a unit of betting. Before you can start, you will need to meet two additional criteria.
- A cap is the maximum amount you can wager to stop your increase in winnings and return to your original unit.
- A multiple is how much your wager will increase every time you win (e.g. 1 unit, 2 units or 3 units).
These factors should be based on the odds of winning a particular online casino game. Paroli System’s appeal is its ability to play at an online casino with a modest bankroll for a while. So you can cut your losses while letting your profits ride.
The Parlay System
Another Positive Progression system. Parlay is similar to the Paroli System. The Parlay system works by “pyramiding” your profits. This means that you can wager both your winnings and the amount of your original bet to win your next bet.
The Parlay System has a huge reward. But, on the other hand, there is a risk that you could lose everything in one bad online casino.